Founded in 2006, AvaTrade is one of the oldest existing CFD brokers on the market. The company is fully authorised and supervised in the EU, Australia, Japan, British Virgin Islands and South Africa. AvaTrade charges competitive spreads that start on major pairs from as little as 0.9 pips. Real trading is possible from a deposit of 100$, a demo account can be accessed free of charge.
|General Risk Warning: 71% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.|
Detailed information from AvaTrade Review
- Website address: www.AvaTrade.com
- Instruments: CFDs – Forex, cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities, indices, bonds, ETFs and vanilla FX options
- Minimum deposit: 100 £/€/$
- Minimum size position: Micro lots from 0.01 lot
- Demo account: Yes, free of charge
- Methods of deposit and withdrawal: Wire Transfer, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Credit and debit cards (Visa/MasterCard)
AvaTrade – Structure of the Company
Trading platforms and other features
AvaTrade offers an innovative and modern solution for all types of traders. The company’s website is very smooth and it allows clients to trade either via the AvaTrade WebTrader which can be accessed online without downloading any software or with MT4. The broker also features MT4’s modern successor MT5. Both these platforms can be downloaded to any PC, tablet or smart device. If you are a fan of social trading you can also copy trades of other experienced traders from the social trading platforms ZuluTrade and DupliTrade to which you can connect your AvaTrade account. Or you can design your own auto trading algorithm, via RoboX or MQL5. All these comprehensive functions can be used for about 700 trading instruments offered by the company.
AvaTrade Spreads – Table
Every forex or CFD trader should closely monitor the spreads of his broker. The lower they are, the easier it is to make any profit. Spreads at AvaTrade differ depending on the financial instrument, for popular currency pairs, they start from 0.9 pips. Instruments with less trading volume have wider spreads to find out the most current spreads visit. Avatrade.com and click on the top menu on Trading Info and Financial instruments. Once you do that a list like this will appear.
Cryptocurrency trading at AvaTrade
Enthusiasm for investing in cryptocurrencies does not seem to fade, just the opposite. AvaTrade knows about the exponential growth among the masses in these products, that’s why they include in their offer trading Bitcoin (vs USD or Euro), Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Dash, Litecoin and Ripple and a couple of other crypto pairs. Spreads are relatively decent here too, for BTC the typical spread is 0.25%.
Is AvaTrade a Scam? Background check
AvaTrade is an international broker supporting 14 languages and is regulated across 5 continents. The company is supervised by the following regulatory bodies:
- Ireland (applicable to all EU member states) – Central Bank of Ireland – Reference No.: C53877
- Australia – Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) – License No.: 406684
- British Virgin Islands – British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission
- Japan – Financial Futures Association of Japan – License No.: 1574
- South Africa – Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) – Licence No.: 45984 – Ava Capital Markets (Pty) Ltd.
The main headquarters of the company are in Dublin, Ireland. The broker has, however, also offices in other 11 major cities, including Paris, Tokyo, Johannesburg, Sydney, Warsaw and many more. The whole list can be found on their website on the about page. So no, AvaTrade is not a scam, but rather a globally regulated broker with solid trading conditions and transparent offer.
71% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Your review can make a difference to other traders, please leave a comment if you have any personal experience with AvaTrade.